Monday, June 3, 2019

Floppy-Hopper Update

Floppy-Hopper Update

Ginger

Sunday ~ May 19, 2019

So, what-do-ya-know, my floppy-hopper, Ginger, finally decided to pull fur. Now, this was a surprise, because she was supposed to kindle in a few days. Usually rabbits pull fur around a week before kindling. Apparently not for this litter. I was actually starting to doubt that she was pregnant. But she kindled that day. My two good friends from church, Erienne and Leisel, were over for a few hours. We went to check on the rabbits. There was fur, litterally, everywhere! I was so happy! She was gonna have kits after all. I stuck my hand in her nesting box and started gropping around. 

"Do you feel andything warm?" Leisel asked me, right as I did.
"Uhh, yup. There's babies in there!" I replied. I checked in Luna's nest box, and same thing! They had bunnies on the same day! We all agreed to go up to the house and tell everyone about Ginger's kits. But not Luna's. I didn't want to spoil the excitment that Jack would get. When GInger had her first litter, I was SO EXCITED!!!Here is a link to the Youtube Video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farm Update

Farm Update So many things have happened recently! We've been cleaning up for Farm Day all week, which means tons of things. Weeding,...